Nordhavn built the boat, Nordhavn knows the boat and we are selling the boat! Speak to Nordhavn Europe for knowledgeable first-hand experience.
Shogun’s N60 hull 55’s owner commissioned the construction of this superb vessel using experience gained from a lifetime of boat ownership but in particular using the knowledge gained from owning N55/39. This is the first N60 to have the extended boat deck covering the entire cockpit and an ensuite crew cabin just forward of the engine room, a bustle below the extended swim platform was also specified to eliminate annoying wave slap while at anchor. Like all Nordhavns, this 60 has the ability to take owners to the far corners of the globe.
The internal staircase to the engine room and the forward staircase to the GSR were eliminated creating more internal usable space and a full width pilot house console. The cabin aft of the pilot house is fully enclosed and redesigned to include a more usable ensuite and is used as a guest cabin. Due to the extensive customisation of Shogun an extra 4 ton of external ballast was fitted so as to pass the stringent CE Category ‘A’ incline test for ocean going vessels.
The aft cockpit has a high gloss teak table that can be folded out to accommodate up to 8 guests, a curved staircase leads up to the boat deck from this area, plinths either side support the Maxwell 2200 mooring winches and oversized cleats, custom fabricated hawsehole in the stern quarters make for easy Med mooring. A console containing a sink filtered water cooler and storage is to port of the salon door, a large drawer refrigerator is below the settee.
An electrically operated hatch leads down to the spacious lazarette, this area contains the air conditioning compressors, air compressor for the Kahlenberg D2 air horn and deck and engine room outlets, batteries and hydraulic bilge pump, twin Victron 3000 inverter chargers, 100 litre water heater to name a few items.
There are 2 aft doors leading to the extended Tek Dek covered swim platform with stainless steel staples with rod holders, fittings on the outboard aft most uprights hold either the tender whips or fishing outriggers. The starboard door provides direct access to the swim platform while the port door provides access to the 3 stage rotating Opacmare passarelle.
Along the starboard passageway is the entrance down a set of stairs to the air-conditioned crew cabin and engine room, the crew cabin has a ¾ bed fore and aft with drawers under, a large 3 drawer duchess is on the forward bulkhead on this is the 19 inch Samsung TV and multi region DVD player and multimedia entertainment system. To starboard is the head with Tecma electric toilet with bidet shower and hand basin. A pipe cot is housed in an athwart ship box above the duchess.
A door leading aft from the crew cabin is access to the engine room, an escape hatch is located in the engine room leading up to the salon.
MACHINERY AND BOAT DETAILS
• Engines: Twin Lugger L1066T, 165 hp.
• Engine Hours: Approx 600
• Twin 5 blade props
• Hydraulic pump on each engine
• Cruising: 8 knots
• Wide Open Throttle: 10 knots
• Range: 2500 nm
• Northern Lights 20KW 230 vac / 50 cycle
• Current hours: 500
• Hydraulic pump to run hydraulic systems
• Cruisair air reverse cycle conditioning system with a total of 132,000 BTU
• Hydraulic system designed and supplied by ABT (America Bow Thruster)
• 25hp bow and stern thrusters
• Hydraulic windlass
• Hydraulic anchor wash system
• Emergency bilge pump
• Stabilizers. ABT TRAC 300 STAR series stabilizers. STAR. Stabilization at Rest.
Lombardini power Pack
This system is an additional request by the owner to allow for a stand-alone engine to power any of the hydraulic components. For example, if the load to the generator is increased while an anchor due to the at rest stabilizers working hard in a poor
anchorage it can take over driving the stabilizers
eliminating the need for the generator hydraulic pump, back
up electrical power can be obtained from an
• Supplying full power to the thrusters when berthing in strong wind conditions though is the primary function as the RPM automatically increase from 1800 to 2700 when
a thruster is engaged this ensures that while the main engines are at idle and the generator pump on, maximum thrust is obtained at both the stern and bow thrusters.
• 6 Ultra-Sonic transducers are fitted inside the hull to help control underwater growth
• Extra control stations are located at the starboard stern and the starboard side of the Portuguese bridge.
• Seafire automatic fire systems in engine room and lazarette. Hand held fire extinguishers throughout.
• Cruise Air air conditioning throughout.
• Dimmers on MSR, GSR Salon and Cockpit lights
• Kwik Kutter line cutters fitted to shafts.
• 5 blade propellers
• 8 director chairs and 2 folding teak tables by Valdenassi
• Numerous spares
Upgraded fuel transfer system and oil change system from all engines make easy work in the spacious full standing height engine room.
• Maretron NEMA 2000 backbone controlling:
• Raymarine G series with 3 screens
• Raymarine 140W backup plotter
• Raymarine 12KW digital 6 foot radar scanner
• Raymarine 24 inch dome radar
• Raymarine AIS transceiver
• Raymarine life tag system
• Raymarine ST70 instruments X 2
• Raymarine autopilots X 2 with accusteer pumps
• Raymarine joy stick control
• Raymarine T400 night vision camera with JCU
• Raymarine surveillance cameras X 6 incuding
• reverse image aft camera
• Raymarine VHF
• Kahlenberg D2 automatic control panel
• Maxwell chain counter
• KVH V-SAT 7 Modem
• Multi media player
• Fusion 700 stereo/dvd/multi media player with 4
• zones, pilot house, boat deck, salon and cockpit
• KVH M9 satellite television
• Boat alarm/monitoring system by My Urchin
• Wave Wi Fi.
• Cell booster with aerial
• Sea-Me dual band radar reflector
• Digital fresh water counter giving exact amount
of water remaining
• Stainless water filter/softener for filling water
• tank in lazarette
• General Ecology water filter for domestic water in
forward machinery area
• Raymarine 140W plotter
• Raymarine ST70 instruments X 2
• Raymarine Autopilot control panels X 2
• Raymarine VHF repeater
• Raymarine joystick
• Horn button
• Maxwell chain counter
• Fusion 600 stereo with 2 zones, flybridge and boat
The entire cockpit area can be enclosed with sunbrella and strata glass panels increasing the living area tremendously. There is also 2 mesh panels that fit the aft section of the cockpit for sun protection, these can be slid around as required.
• The pilot house has 2 sets of window sun protection panels, one is solid sunbrella and the other is mesh
• 8 Sea Vision SV19 underwater lights, 4 aft and 2 each port and starboard light up the water at night. Lighted name boards, one on the transom and one on each side of the Portuguese bridge add a touch of elegance and practicality.
The details here are a mere taster to what was involved in planning and executing this outstanding Nordhavn. The build process was extended and much testing and tweaking were required on this unique boat. The current owner has Shogun in mint condition, she is like new but with enough hours under her belt to prove systems and iron out those new boat snags. Why is she on the market? Well her owner is moving into another boat. Some may say a glutton for punishment, but his love of the build process and making production boats better is now for YOU to benefit from. We will be happy to talk you through the boat in much greater detail. Give us a call.
Listing Agent: Neil Russell / Philip Roach
Tel: Office + 44 (0) 2380 456342
Mobile: +44 07793 582905
Nordhavn Europe Ltd
10/12 Firefly Road
Hamble Point Marina
The company offers the detail for this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.