“Tiger Balm” is a beautifully maintained late model Nordhavn 46.
She was originally delivered new in 1998 to her current and only owners who spent the first seven years of ownership based in Hong Kong. In early 2006 “Tiger Balm” switched gears and has to date extensively cruised South East Asia.
“Tiger Balm” is the preferred Plan “A” layout for passage making, with the main cabin located amidships where motion is least. The Plan “A” layout design creates a very spacious forward cabin for guests or crew. Both cabins have private en-suite heads with toilet, sink, shower and storage. “Tiger Balm” has been extensively customized for living aboard and offshore cruising.
“Tiger Balm” recently completed a four month USD $50,000 out-of-water refit which included all of the following:
Installation of an “anchor wash” down well on foredeck.
Replacement of all silicone joints with FRP, sealed first with epoxy.
Modifications to improve the water runoff from foredeck at the scupper holes and on the cap rails aft of the foredeck.
Teak cap rails repaired, covered with FRP and painted.
New custom designed swim step platform made of “Plastek”.
A custom built antennae plinth with a single opening to accommodate all wiring from exterior to interior.
Full external repaint – (AWLCRAFT 2000). Snow white for hull and superstructure, with the non skid deck areas, swim step, swim ladder, and cap rails whisper gray (two coats of primer and three top coats)
New antifouling in July 2013 (2 coats of international Micron).
- Lugger L-668D diesel keel cooled main engine - 2,300 hrs
- Dry stack exhaust
- Yanmar 27 hp diesel wing engine - 200 hrs
- Northern Lights 10KVA genset - 3,800 hrs
- Wesmar 5HP bow thruster
- PYI dripless main shaft seal
- Maxwell VWC 3500 dual direction windlass with foot and pilothouse controls
- Fuel transfer system
- Fuel transfer pump upgraded to high flow 300l/hr
- Reverso oil change system
- Spur line cutters
- Racor 900 filter separate boost pump with Racor 500 filter
- Racor 900 for main engine
- Racor 500's for wing engine and genset
- Upgraded air switch for bilge pump
- Domestic water pump upgraded to Jabsco Par Max 4
- Battery charging Prolsocharge controller
- New Trojan Series 31 AGM wing engine/genset start battery. Charged by separate battery trace Inverter charger.
- New Trojan 8D main engine start battery
- New house batteries located in the Lazarette
- 230v AC oil free compressor fitted with dryer and charcoal filter for diving
- Additional shelving and racking for spares
- Emergency tiller handle
- Tecnicomar 12 volt water maker fitted to port of chain locker 40l/hr.
- Water maker is plumbed directly to aft water tank with switching to front tank if required
- Carbon UV filter and fresh water flush
- New LED lighting throughout
- Domestic air conditioning
- Freshwater wash down
- Two rail mounted ocean kayaks
- New anchor wash down well around anchor – drains overboard
- Spare deck mounted Danforth anchor
- New programmable TRON 60 GPS EPIRB
- New (2) 100 watt solar panels
- FRP deck storage box
- Mast boom on variable height rail
- Boom has dedicated electric winch installed for raising and lowering boom for dinghy launching
- Paravane system
- Bimini covering rear deck with “Sunbrella” cover
- Permanent stainless steel fender mounts on either side on hand rail
- Man overboard retrieval device
- Life raft rail mounted – Avon Modula six-person with quick release bracket
- AB 9.6 AL Aluminum Rib (2 years old) with 15hp Johnson outboard
- 2 x Domestic air conditioning compressors either side of mast
- New Hella LED navigation lights port and starboard
- Flood lights and anchor light changed to new LED units
- All door rollers removed, cleaned, and replaced as necessary
- Storm windows
- Stern anchor stored on the swim step
- Chain locker - extensive additional racking for storage/spares part installed
- 400 ft. 3/8 anchor chain, and additional 150 ft. secondary 3/8 chain
- Spare paravane
- New Ocean Chef 3-burner LPG cooker with thermostatic oven
- Large domestic fridge with freezer compartment
- Trash compactor removed and large 3-drawer pantry installed behind teak door
- Fold down flap at galley entrance for more working counter top surface
- New Panasonic microwave oven and grill
- “L” shaped settee without dining table for ease of movement
- Cupboard to starboard of entrance door
- 26 inch Samsung flat screen TV
- JAMO home theatre sound system with 5.1 speaker system
- Vacuflush heads
- Guest stateroom - Additional storage and cupboards to port side and forward bulkhead. Bike rack shelf on port side for two folding bicycles.
- Guest stateroom - Custom raised extra large bunk to starboard side, with wardrobes, drawers and storage cupboards below. Athwartships single bunk/settee fitted on aft bulkhead. 12 volt Norcold coolbox type freezer installed below this settee.
- Owner’s stateroom - Hanging wardrobe to forward of bed and full height hanging wardrobe at foot of stairs from salon
- Owner’s stateroom – “Hella fans” installed
- Owner’s stateroom - high power reading lights installed
- Owner’s stateroom -Intercom via standard horizon remote hand set by bed
- Custom storage to starboard on companionway to wheelhouse from salon
- Lowered wet locker for easy viewing to port from pilothouse settee
- Upper berth used as spare storage
- Standard instruments for Lugger 668D
- Northern Lights 843NK Genset control panel
- Morse Controls for Yanmar Engine Control
- Racor vacuum gauge displays for Lugger 668D
- Kobelt single lever control for Lugger 668D
- Wesmar bow thruster control
- Electrical panel for 12 volt and 230 volt 50hz services
ELECTRONICS / MISCELLANEOUS
- 2 x Simrad NX45 navigation displays
- Simrad AIS transmitter receiver
- Separate depth transducer for both displays
- Each display has two (switchable) video cameras connected
- Starboard display cameras show to rear of boat, and chain locker. Port display cameras have forward, and aft engine room views.
- Simrad 3G radar
- Autopilot #1 AP20
- Autopilot #2 AP21
- Remote autopilot controllers
- Garmin GPS map 750
- Standard horizon GX2150 matrix AIS+
- Simrad DSC RS82
- Simultalk 24G full duplex transceivers - master and remote
- ICOM 710 HF radio
- Standard Horizon GX2150 matrix AIS with remote handset with intercom and AIS display mounted in master stateroom
- ICOM waterproof handheld VHF
- Iridium portable handset with data pack for e-mail
- Furuno Navtex NX-300 Simrad IS15 multi display connected to wind vane
Personal items are excluded.
Asking: USD $459,000
Specifications are provided for informational purposes only. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds; capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agree to instruct his agent/s to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.