The 50 ft Nordhavn has a bulbous
bow, and the optional three-stateroom layout, featuring two sleeping cabins
forward that share the forward guest head. The Nordhavn 50 is a venerable model
in the Nordhavn line with a very attractive look and profile.
The hull was painted Royal Blue
in 2005 with Awl Craft paint.
INTERIOR LAYOUT- GENERAL:
The asymmetrical layout so that
the interior space in the salon and galley benefit by the port cabin side
extending to the port rail. Enter the salon through the cockpit/aft salon door.
The dinette table and settee are to port and a bottle locker just forward of the
salon settee. To starboard just inside the door is a locker for convenient
jacket storage. Just forward to starboard are two black Ekornes Consul Black
Chairs (new in 2011), separated for an end table type locker.
At the forward end of the salon
to port is the galley, with generous counter space, and double bowl sink
conveniently located at the outboard corner of the galley, and lots of drawer
and locker storage.
Just to starboard of the galley
is the direct access to the master stateroom, down a few steps. The engine room
access door is in the aft bulkhead of the master stateroom. The master
stateroom has an athwartship double bed with hanging lockers fore and aft, drawer
storage under and beside the bed and a large dressing mirror on the forward
bulkhead. Access to the master head is to starboard inside the master
To starboard outboard are steps
up to the pilot house. The pilot house has an impressive electronics console
forward of the helm chair. Aft of the helm chair are a large setee and dinette
table. There is a single watch berth up and aft of setee. There are pilot house
doors port and starboard for deck access.
Forward and to starboard in the
pilothouse are steeps down to the forward door of the master stateroom, and
access to the port and starboard guest staterooms. Each of the staterooms has
over and under bunks. Both staterooms have access to the guest head forward.
DECK LAYOUT GENERAL
The transom has a very useful
swim step and transom door to the cockpit. From the cockpit there is access to
the foredeck via the starboard side deck. There is a boarding door in the
bulwark of the starboard side deck about halfway forward. At the forward end of
the side deck are steps up to the pilothouse deck and Portuguese bridge,
The foredeck is well-designed for
working. Just forward of the Portuguese bridge are deck gear storage lockers.
All the way forward is the ground tackle handling area, where the windlass,
Freeman anchor locker deck hatch, and anchor rollers channels are situated in
an area of the deck molded to contain mud and debris. All decks drain to the waterline
to prevent streaking of the hull with residue.
Following the Portuguese bridge to
port allows access to the port pilothouse door and steps up to the boat deck.
The boat deck may also be accessed from the cockpit ladder aft. On the boat
deck are the tender, davit, and liferaft canister mounted in its cradle. There
is a lot of room on the boat deck for additional deck box storage and lounging.
teak table with folding leaf converts between coffee table and dining table.
· Teak and
aft saloon door
Carpet, New in 06-2011
· 2 Black
Consul Ekornes chairs (new in 2011)
marine quality sunscreen for all windows
tinting, June 2011
terraced counter top with serving level and prep levels.
· Two large
bowl, stainless steel sinks at outboard corner of galley
faucet with removable crane/sprayer
3-burner stove and oven
Xintex S-2A propane/CNG fume detector and controller
· 2ea. 20
lb. propane tanks in cockpit locker
freezer with ice maker
· GE microwave
opening port outboard
· GE Depth
chess freezer under berth in pilothouse, with a special added temperature
controlled exhaust fan (outside, added in 2011).
As it is with much of the
interior accommodation the pilothouse on the Nordhavn 50 seems to come from a
much Iarger yacht that functions well for extended period operation. There is
plenty of room for instrument placement on the console, electronics complement
makes good use of it.
mount stainless steel destroyer wheel
chair with arm rests
with dinette table
· Teak and
doors port and starboard
laptop mount on the starboard side
shelf with fiddle
marine quality Sunscreen for all windows
Carpet, New 06/2011
tinting, June 2011
bed with access to stowage space beneath
Drawers beneath bed
lockers fore and aft of bed
planked hull ceilings
mattress with memory foam on top
port holes above head of bed
· 2ea. Hella
· Teak and
Electric head with fresh water flush - new in 2011
sanitary hoses replaced in 2011
stall shower with seat and Grohe fixture and exhaust fan.
· Diesel Heat
· LED lights
Port and Starboard Staterooms:
· Bunk beds
- two in each cabin
· Oval opening
ports with deadlight and insect screen in each cabin
locker in each cabin
cabin has access to forward guest head
shower with Grohe sink and shower fixtures
sump and exhaust fan
manual marine head – New in 2012
sanitary houses replaced in 2011.
Main Engine/Fuel System:
Engine: Lugger Model #6108, 1081-1769, Full service done by Lugger dealer in
Anacortes, WA 2011, Set valves, all injectors, cleaned and set to spects, all
hoses replaced, 4 new engine mounts replaced.
· Dry stack
exhaust with a keel cooler eliminates engine raw water cooling pump and
raw water contact with engine. The main engine exhausts well above deck in
moving air, avoiding the "station wagon" effect of exhaust being drawn
into the boat from aft.
· 2011 Replaced
keel cooler seals and chemical clean inside and out cooler. Flushed clean and
add all new Fleet guard anti-freeze, replaced Cutless bearing and packing.
Shaft good. Rebuilt all Racor filters.
2012, replaced steel muffler with new Harco stainless steel Exhaust silencer muffler
with gaskets. New muffler heat blanket.
2011: 2 coats of bottom paint, cleaned keel cooler, painted and inspected bow
thruster, all new zinc’s.
line cutter on main shaft
Yanmar 3GM 30 (27-hp) with
1" propeller shaft and Martec folding propeller - providing a redundant
propulsion system rather than a second source of propulsion linked to the main
shaft. Full service done by Lugger dealer in Anacortes, WA. New exhaust elbow,
new hoses, clean heat exchanger, flushed and cleaned cooling system, all new
Fleet guard anti freeze, changed oil and fuel filters, added Racor 500 fuel
filter, rebuilt fuel pump and serviced injectors (corrected idling problem).
Added electrical shut off to work with fireboy system. Now compliances with new
· 2ea. 560
gal. engine room fuel tanks, and 2ea. 100 gal. reserve tanks, All fuel taken
out and cleaned, tanks pressure cleaned and returned clean fuel in 2011.
duplex #75-900 fuel filters with vacuum gauge for main engine
transfer system with in-line Racor 900 filter is used for moving fuel from one
tank to the other for trim, or for filtering contaminants.
oil-changing system - plumbed to main and generator engines
water spigot in engine room
reconditioned main engine starter motor
safety system tested. Fireboy tank inspected along with the rest of the boat
extinguishers. April 2011.
· Marine Air - air-conditioning/heating system (4 compressors) and Slt4X
controls, full serviced by Cruisair technician in March 2011. Water pump seal
diesel hydronic heating system - salon, master cabin, guest cabins, and heads.
Also circulates through supplemental water heater, Full serviced in 2011,
cleaned and flush all new fleet guard anti freeze.
· Naiad #254
stabilizer system upgraded with Center locking valve and new seals, Relief
valve, new potentiometer kit, full service (oil and filter change 2011 Naiad
Seattle & 2012 Naiad San Diego).
24-volt bow thruster
hydraulic steering, serviced in 2011, spare. All new hydraulic steering piston
replaced in August 2012.
washing machine and dryer
· Northern Lights 12 kW generator in sound enclosure, full serviced in
2011 by Lugger dealer in Anacortes, WA., new hoses, new water pump, new exhaust
elbow, oil and fuel filters, cleaned heat exchanger.
· 1 new work horse Interstate 8D generator start battery
· 5 new work horse Interstate 8D house batteries in 2011
· 2 new work horse Interstate 8D main engine and bow thruster batteries in
· AC fluorescent lights in engine room
· Prepared top of pilot house with non skid and awlgrip paint for new
· 6 new in 2012 Sanyo Hit 225 watts low light solar panels with 2 Outback
· 1 new in 2012 Xantrex Pro link Battery monitor
· Furuno radar with 24" dome antenna
· Furuno radar with 5' open array antenna
· SEA 156 VHF radio, new antenna in 2011
· ICOM 502 VHF radio
· SEA hailer/listening system
· Robetson AP20 autopilot
· Furuno FCV-582L video depth, temperature
· Interphase sonar/depth finder
· Northstar GPS
· Furuno GP32, GPS (new in 2011)
· Furuno Automatic identification System (AIS) receiver and transmitter,
new in 2011 with antenna.
· Furuno weatherfax
· Furuno navtex receiver
· Davis weather station
· WiFi long range antenna, New May 2011.
· TV in main salon
· Installed in 2012 SeaTel dome, Satellite TV antenna compatible with Sky
· Rabbit transmitter and receiver system
· Extra LNB compatible with DirecTV or Dish Network
· AM/FM radio/cassette player with amplifier
· Sirius satellite radio
· 2ea. Paragon pressure water system pumps plumbed into system with
crossover valves for redundancy
· 2 big blue filters (1-5m carbon, 1- 5m sediment) plumbed to house water
· Large pressure water accumulator tank
· New pressure regulator and spare
· 3ea. water tanks - port and starboard upper tanks (w/sight gauges)
gravity feed to lower tank on centerline for a total of 220 gals.
· Edson manual bilge pump with 2" hose, operable from aft end of main
· Rule electric bilge pump in main sump –New in 2011and rebuilt
· Rule high capacity electric bilge pump with high-water alarm
· Sealand electric holding tank pump-out, 1 spare
· Saltwater wash spigots bow and stern
· HRO 55 gallon an hour watermaker (220 hrs.), Serviced in August 2012,
rebuild water pump and motor.
· 2- 12 gal. Water heaters, one works with Diesel heater and the other
with regular AC power supply and engine (new hoses 2011).
· Maxwell 3500 windlass (new rebuild kit and rebuild starter, 2 new deck
switches in 2011)
· Nick Jackson 1000 lb. hydraulic davit
· 55 kg. Rocna Anchor, new in 2011.
· 33 lbs. Bruce anchor
· 400'of 3/8" high test chain
· 1” thick (long) towing/mooring line
· Cockpit to boat upper deck ladder access
· Transom swim ladder
· New windshield wipers (2012)
· L-shaped transom handrails
· Staple-type rails for swim step
· Installed by Outbound Yacht Services to port a Fore Spar pole and
rigging and flopper stopper.
· Avon 11' RIB tender with 15-hp, 4-cycle, Johnson outboard engine, and
canvas cover (Outboard fully serviced in 2011, spare water pump).
mounted on stainless steel chocks on boat deck
propane barbecue grill
kits and spares for almost everything on vessel, to many to list
Just to name a few:
· New 2500 Trace inverter
· Rebuilt starter for main engine
· Hidraulic steering ram and seals
· House water pumps
· Bilge pump
· Water pump for dinghy outboard
· Groco rebuild kits for strainer
· Spare water, fuel, oil and Naiad filters
· Complete Sealand overboard pump and motor, ready for service. Also spare
· 2 set of keel cooler seals
· More plumbing + electric parts, to many to list.
· 6-person life raft canister pack in cradle on boat deck (repacked by
Oceans West in San Diego in June 2012, new inflation cylinder).
· 2ea. Reddings Drakt survival suits
· 6ea. Suspender personal flotation device
· Firdell "blipper" radar reflector mounted on stack
with current certification (2011)
· 2 Lifesling
module mounted in cockpit
· All fire
extinguishers serviced in 04-2011.
Location: Mexico, West Coast
Price: $698,000.00 USD
Specifications are provided for informational purposes only. Data was
obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or
brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds; capacities,
consumption's and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided
and agree to instruct his agent/s to confirm such details prior to purchase.
Vessel subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from
market without notice.