March 26, 2008
By Jeff Merrill
That old saying that a picture is worth a thousand words has grown wings for us at PAE. What started out as a unique photo and turned into a silly contest for the amusement of the readers at nordhavn.com actually bloomed into an unprecedented response from a hilarious and witty readership. When we posted the photo of Marty and Linda Ellison with their Nordhavn 55 Tenacious and custom GWEDUCK floating plane we thought maybe we'd get a handful of caption entries, never suspecting we would need to form a committee to act as selection jury for our impromptu contest. Picking just one winner wasn't possible and with such a great variety of clever captions we struggled to select a top 10. And so here are our top 10 captions. Special thanks to everyone who took a few minutes to contemplate the scene and share their humor. All of us at PAE are inspired by such a loyal and sharing web readership. Everyone who entered is a winner to us with special congratulations to our ten lucky winners who will soon be receiving their very own genuine NORDHAVN ball cap!
- That'll be $10.99 for the pizza and $100 for the delivery.
Winner: Jim Kesterson from Powell, OH
- The mating dance of the White-Painted MoneyGobblers.
Winner: Chris Critchett from Sarasota, FL
- Similarly displaced
Winner: Steven Rames from Brookings, SD
- Honey, maybe we should have ordered the stern thruster as original equipment.
Winner: Daniel Feller from Scottsdale, AZ
- Curb service: spare parts any time, anywhere!
Winner: Scott Barnaby from Decatur, GA
- Guess he thought you were the control tower, Marty.
Winner: Jeff Start from North Canterbury, New Zealand
- Hey Marty, I hear that the 120-footer is going to have a runway.
Winner: Scott Dritz from Thousand Oaks, CA
- Honey, it followed me home. Can we keep it?
Winner: Ron Bussiere from Vista, CA
- Excuse me… do you have any Grey Poupon?
Winners: Captain Steve Larivee from Longmeadow, MA
and Steve Creagan from Downers Grove, IL
- DEE Plane Boss!! Dee Plane!!!!!
Winner: Rick Evans from Exeter, NH
Jeff Merrill is a representative in the Nordhavn Yachts Southwest sales office. He can be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.